(",)

LoveHateFollowers

Friday, November 12, 2010

Prayers for Bobby: the perfect movie about self-esteem


In conjunction with the month of "Self-esteem", inspired by LoveHateVosovic.


This is a movie that you have to watch if one day you are planning to get married. It is about a mum who cannot accept the fact that her son is gay. I beg all of you, please do not behave like Mary Griffith because when her son, Bobby, admitted to the family that he is gay, she totally freaked out. You have to watch this movie for a better view of the family who tried to "cure" the gay son. I shall not reveal the entire movie and ruin your interest right? I have the movie, you can always come and ask it from me.


Well, you have to face the truth that homosexuality is something that you are born with. In some cases, men become gay because of external influences like bad relationship with girls. It is true that homosexuality is naturally embedded in one's body and it can also be nurtured. 


I just want to say that I am okay with gays and lesbians. You want to know the reason why? Firstly, they did not choose to be lesbians or gays at all. It is not them who made the agreement with God or something. Secondly, it is their right and has nothing to do with us. Sins are their problems, but I am not telling you that I will be such ignorant and let sins to be happening around me just like that. There should be boundaries to everything right? Next, I am going to be a teacher in four years time. So I should not be judging my students's sexuality if one day they come and see me about their problem. I am sure that their parents are not going to be okay with things like this, so a teacher like me should be the person for these kinds of people seek for advice. So if I become the male version of Mary Griffith, then it is certain that I am not a good teacher. 


Anyway, this movie was made based on the true story of Bobby Griffith and he is the one in the picture above, with his mother. I think that we all should learn many lessons from this movie. It is sad to think that gays and lesbians are discriminated in the world. Poor them, we should not judge even if it is their choice. 


This is a great movie that you should watch. It is true that we should be a proud parents, families and friends for lesbians and gays. They need our guidance, who else in this world that they belong to? 



So, to be part of "Self-esteem" campaign, inspired by LoveHateVosovic, why don't all of you, love-hate friends and followers start by accepting gays and lesbians in our society. This little move will make a meaningful change to our people. Love each other please?


P/S: I think that I would like to join Parents, Families and Friends for Lesbians and Gays (P-FLAG)  association next time.

5 comments:

Minty Mint said...

love this. totally :)

Anonymous said...

this is gonna be an awesome one but malaysia will never air this movie!!!
can I get it from you???
pretty please?

Unknown said...

Minty Mint: thanks for sharing this movie with me. I love you so much. Btw, I have watched the "Latter Days" and it is so boring for me.

Myrmia: hehe, I will give the movie to you. Maybe on our next meeting dear? hehehe

Anonymous said...

Oh pretty please do!!!!
Why don't you and Suzai arranged it and we can meet up~
us bloggers having fun and going camwhoring like crazy!

Unknown said...

Myrmia: I will do. Will come back to KL next year, so let's spare some time for us Nuffnangers to meet... heheh

("-")